Why Software Engineering?
To me it always seemed like the natural choice to make. But here’s a couple more reasons…
1. Because Programming is Fun
- Its a combination of intelligent and creative work.
- The sheer joy of making things.
- The pleasure of making things that are useful to other people.
- The fascination of fashioning complex puzzle-like objects of interlocking moving parts.
- The joy of always learning.
- Taking a machine that was designed for no purpose in particular and making it do anything I want.
-David Intersimone and Fred Brooks. From Doctor Dobb’s Journal, published in January 2007 issue