From the Comic Strip “Bound and Gagged”: Moses’s Tablets
The best and most popular chopsticks in the world come from the American state of Georgia. One company called Georgia Chopsticks makes an incredible 2 million chopsticks a day, which are exported to China mostly, but with some ending up in Korea, Japan and the United States.
I was a bit amused because one of the things I noticed when I was tutoring intro to computer science was exactly that, thinking computer science was about designing and playing video games. Many of those were the same people who ended up hating programming and changing majors, it just wasn’t what they expected it to be, more work, less fun.
I haven’t laughed this hard in a while!
Original URL: http://failblog.org/2009/02/12/safety-fail-8/ (no longer valid)
From: The Top Five List humor mailing list
11. Invited entire tech-support department to play golf. Brought Melissa to complete the foursome.
10. Steve Jobs started work today. The silverware looks great, but he doesn’t do windows — yet.
9. The baby cries constantly. Maybe I’ll buy Fisher-Price.
8. Bought my first Macintosh. It’s sooooo cute!
7. Good day. Found over 15 bucks’ worth of soda cans in the trash bins outside Microsoft headquarters.
6. Bad day. Ellison sent back the heads of two of the three hitmen I hired, along with a note saying he ate the third one whole.
5. Still ahead of Murdoch and Eisner. Yes!
4. Reminder: 35-cent Snapple coupon expires in two days!
3. Memo to self: Next time, when my wife says we need to buy china, she means dishes.
2. Ran into Demi and Bruce. Upped my offer to a billion dollars.
and the Number 1 Entry in Bill Gates’s Diary…
1. Seventh day: rested.
[ This list copyright 1997 by Chris White and Ziff Davis, Inc. ] [ The Top Five List http://www.topfive.com ] [ To forward or repost, please include this section. ]